Automotive Repair and MaintenanceCategory:
49-3021 Automotive Body and Related RepairersHours:
The Service Writer’s responsibility is to uncover all hidden parts and structural damage in order to maximize profitability and to increase overall labor efficiency. By properly recognizing all of the hidden damage in the tear down stage, the A+ Repair Planner will reduce cycle time by eliminating multiple supplements. The Service Writer will also eliminate multiple parts orders and have all necessary parts before the vehicle is given to the Body Technician. They keep the customer updated throughout the repair process and handle the file from start to finish. They must maintain a positive attitude and cooperate with fellow employees, vendors, customers and insurance adjusters. They must also practice our core values in all that they do: Honesty and Integrity, Teamwork and Profit Focus.
- Comply with all safety and OSHA procedures and requirements
- Update customer on the status of repairs
- Follow the A+ Process on every job
- Communicating with assigned Body Technician of damages including any concerns of the customer
- Working with the Parts Coordinator to ensure all parts and notes are accurate on the repair plan
- Writing a detailed, compliant repair plan, including all hidden and necessary labor operations and parts replacement
- Staging production so the Team will be productive
- Participate in morning meetings with current information on vehicle progress
- Keeping notes in management system well documented in a timely manner
- Maintain a clean and organized production area throughout the work day
- Holding the team/technician responsible for quality of work produced
- Striving to maintain target date in accordance to customer’s expectations
- Ensure all repairs have been approved by the insurance company or customer if needed and documented in the management system
- Coordinate in conjunction with the Parts Coordinator on all sublet work
- Follow up on Account Receivables (ARs) to ensure payment is received within 30 days
- Attend I-CAR classed when required
2-5 years estimating experience is preferred but not required
Estimating experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong Winning Attitude
- Positive and cooperative team player
- Good track record with previous employers
- Ability to work with computers
- Passion for the automotive industry
Top Notch Benefits Package:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with company match up to 5% of weekly gross – employee up to IRS max.
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Wellness Program (gym reimbursement up to $250/yr.)
- Award-winning Health Plan:
- “America’s Top 50 Health Plans,” Health Rosetta Institute, 2023
- “Health Plan Hero,” Patients Rising, 2022
Don't see an open position that suits you? We're always looking for qualified candidates.
You can use this form to submit a general application.