Automotive Repair and MaintenanceHours:
The General Manager is responsible for all areas of the store operation and must ensure all goals and objectives are met for successful growth. They are also the holder of the “company vision” and must be able to share this vision to all in the organization. The General Manager must maintain a leadership role and set a good example. They must also practice our core values in all that they do: Honesty and Integrity, Teamwork and Profit Focus.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to the following):
- Develop and review projections for short and long term goals
- Implement and follow-up on agreed upon Standard Operational Procedures (SOP)
- Control and approve all expenditures
- Request and set-up all training for in-store training programs
- Enforce departmental procedures
- Develop new and maintain current insurance relationships
- Set daily, weekly and monthly sales and production goals
- Monitor, review and control work in progress for all employees
- Evaluate employees as required by using the employee performance evaluations
- Monitor employee development to provide career paths
- Implement and maintain procedures to increase customer satisfaction
- Monitor and implement procedures to increase work flow efficiencies
- Monitor quality control systems for each department
- Resolve complaints and disputes as quickly as possible
- Provide back-up of all positions through cross training
- Recruit new employees
- Hire and terminate as necessary
- Promote shop to increase volume of business
- Possess and increase knowledge of all phases of the business
- Report to Executives as necessary
- Enforce all safety and housekeeping rules and regulations
- Control and minimize accounts receivables
- Attend manager meetings
- Good listening skills
Minimum 2 years post high school education
Minimum 5 years full-time work experience required; experience in hospitality, management, sales, customer service and/or automotive service or insurance industries a plus
As a General Manager with Schaefer, you must be able to focus on future goals while juggling the multiple daily tasks of running an auto body repair shop. Our ideal Automotive Shop Manager is an upbeat, articulate and motivational leader, who responds positively to unpredictable situations and problems, excels at public speaking and desires to hone their sales and management skills. You must also possess a persuasive sales style and a customer and market-centered attitude.
Top Notch Benefits Package:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with company match up to 5% of weekly gross – employee up to IRS max.
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Wellness Program (gym reimbursement up to $250/yr.)
- Award-winning Health Plan:
- “America’s Top 50 Health Plans,” Health Rosetta Institute, 2023
- “Health Plan Hero,” Patients Rising, 2022
Don't see an open position that suits you? We're always looking for qualified candidates.
You can use this form to submit a general application.