Automotive Repair and MaintenanceCategory:
49-3021 Automotive Body and Related RepairersHours:
The Detail Technician is responsible for cleaning and quality control of the repairs. They must be able to read and understand every aspect of the repair plan. The detailer must be meticulous and thorough in the final process on the vehicle. This is a paramount. They must maintain a positive attitude and cooperate with managers and fellow employees in a positive spirit of teamwork. They must also practice our core values in all that they do: Honesty and Integrity, Teamwork and Profit Focus.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to the following):
- Order, stock and maintain necessary detailing products
- Maintain safe and clean work area
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner using proper methods
- Read and understand repair plan to insure that all the repairs listed are complete
- Be aware of any “Special Promises” the customer wanted done
- Correct discrepancies found and/or notify the A+ Repair Planner
- Immediately notify the A+ Repair Planner of any missed damage or discrepancies that do not appear on the repair plan (hazardous conditions, damaged equipment, etc.)
- Removal of any and all overspray
- Clean interior and exterior of vehicle
- Carefully inspect freshly-painted surfaces
- Polish and buff new and old paint as requested
- Install stripes and decals per repair plan
- Clean up of the shop and office areas including bathrooms
- Empty shop and office trash cans on a daily basis
- Review daily with the A+ Repair Planner on the vehicles going that day
- Organize clean-ups (when possible) according to due out times
- Move vehicles to dedicated location as possible when customers drop off
- Keep vehicles ready for delivery backed in dedicated location
- Moving appropriate vehicles in at night for security purposes
- Making sure the vehicles left out on the lot over night are locked and secured
- During inclement weather vehicles are brought in or covered in plastic
- Completed quality control sheets on every vehicle
- Keys should be given to the office along with repair order from vehicle once completed
- Fill out and maintain weekly time cards. Calculate daily hours
Technical school is a plus, but not necessary.
Some detailing, buffing and/or technical school is a plus, but not necessary
- Strong Winning Attitude!
- Positive and cooperative team player
- Good track record with previous employers
- Ability to work with computers
- Passion for the automotive industry
Top Notch Benefits Package:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with company match up to 5% of weekly gross – employee up to IRS max.
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Wellness Program (gym reimbursement up to $250/yr.)
- Award-winning Health Plan:
- “America’s Top 50 Health Plans,” Health Rosetta Institute, 2023
- “Health Plan Hero,” Patients Rising, 2022
Don't see an open position that suits you? We're always looking for qualified candidates.
You can use this form to submit a general application.